What is Corona virus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. COVID-19 is now a pandemic affecting many countries globally.
What are common symptoms of COVID-19?
– Fever, Dry Cough & tiredness.
– Aches & pains, nasal congestion, headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, rash on skin or discoloration of fingers or toes.
Which age group can get affected easily?
– Nearly 80% of the population can recover from this disease without needing hospital treatment.
– 1 out of every 5 people who get COVID-19 become seriously ill and develop difficulty in breathing.
– Any age group population can catch COVID-19and become seriously ill, but it mostly affects the older age population those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart and lung problems, diabetes, or cancer, are at higher risk of developing a serious illness.
How long does the virus survive on surface?
The most important thing to know about coronavirus on surfaces is that they can easily be cleaned with common household disinfectants that will kill the virus. Studies have shown that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, less than 4 hours on copper, and less than 24 hours on cardboard.
As always clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.
High level stats for the COVID-19 cases:
Stats of India (Total COVID-19 cases 247,040):
For more details on stats by country click on below link: